Day Seven

I had a good night’s sleep and woke up ready to the hit the ground running. We ate breakfast at the restaurant in the hotel. The restaurant is open air (alfresco) but it always hot and sticky here. Even the paper feels wet because the humidity is so high. Breakfast was eggs, pancakes (w/ honey), fresh pineapple juice and black coffee. Our taxi ride to our location for the day was uneventful. The streets here in Cochin are narrow, very narrow. They seem to be almost European narrow to me. Our meeting location was in a home and we had about 35 people. They were very gracious people several pastors were with us. Many were excited by what the team had to share. It was so hot with humidity that I was drenched I sweat as was everyone else. This is normal for the people here but I don’t think I would like living here with such high humidity. It seems like I can’t drink enough water. I’m beginning to see the end our trip and my heart is both sad and joyful. I’m sad that I’ll be leaving new friends, a new culture, good food and an adventure of a lifetime. I’m joyful because I so want to see my family. I miss Rachel’s voice and questions, I miss Bethany’s bubbly personality. I long to hug my son and daughter-in-law and to hold those beautiful grandsons. Most of all, I can’t want to kiss and hug my wife, Debbie. She is the joy of my life and I do miss her, but enough of the personal issues J I spent the whole evening from about 5 until 12:30am talking to our team here in India. We spent time planning, developing a deeper friendship and praying together. Please pray for our trip home to be smooth and uneventful. Also pray that we can get back on our time zone. I think we all just got on this time zone and now we have to change again. But this problem is simply compared to Matthew and Jeffery here in Kerala. They will have to travel by train some 40 hours back home. We will actually get home faster than they will. This team are strong men and women and you should be very, very proud of them.

Comments

Popular Posts