Well we are back in Kiev. The last three days have been full of teaching, talking, eating, talking, teaching, learning and making lots and lots of new and fantastic friends. We had about 125 people at the conference to learn about Organic Church Planting Principles. These people are amazing. They love Jesus, they have endured much persecution and they want to win their country to Jesus. There are so many stories that it is hard to decide which ones to include. Let's start with the food... Ok, many of you may know that I have lost about 20 pounds the past few months by being on a low carb, high protein diet. You can through it out the window in the Ukraine! Lots and lots and loads of carbs is what you get to enjoy. Potato's in everything, noodles galore and bread, bread, bread everywhere. You'll notice I didn't mention much about meat, but we did have some sausage, fish and chicken. I didn't see one cow or beef while I was here! This morning I had a weird type of porridge. It was warm sweet milk and spaghetti noodles. It was not to bad, but it was weird. This evening, I had my first serving of borscht (sp). What better place to enjoy it than where is has its roots. It was very good. Deb, get a recipe! My translator for the week was a man named Maxim. Maxim is 29 years old and looks a lot like Tim Sprankle. He is a tremendous man who loves Jesus with all his heart. He took of the whole week to drive us around and translate for the conference. Our hearts became bonded together as worked together. His heart is pure and passion is on fire for Christ's Kingdom. Please pray for Maxim and his wife, Lana to continue to be used by the Lord here in Kiev. In part of my teaching, I use Rachel as an example of how anyone can pray for their neighborhood to come to Jesus. I share about her handicap and how we take walks and she prays for our neighbors. I then had two men come up to me and share that they had handicapped children and they felt a bond with me. It really moved me. We prayed and encouraged each other. We had folks at the conference from Russia, Armenia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and of course, Ukraine. So the influence of ValleyLife Church and CMA continues to grow and go through out the world. It was the best Greenhouse Conference that I have ever taught. Sleep and Stamina...I'm exhausted. It is 10:22pm and I have to get up at 4:00am to get to the airport. I will write more about our trip this evening into town, it was fun.

Comments

Popular Posts