Ants and the Bible

The other day I was eating my lunch at the high top table in our dinning nook when I looked down and noticed an ant on my tile floor.  One single ant.  My first reaction was to squish it with my foot, however, my left overs from "My Big Fat Greek Restaurant" was too good to stop eating.  I did, however, keep watching the ant.  It was quickly moving from one place to another.  I'm not sure if this ant had lost the chemical trail of his/her fellow ants or if it was simply looking for more food to bring its fellow ants to.  I finished my chicken kabob, sipped my water and got on the floor to watch this one ant.  My plan was sinister - to watch it for a while and then squish it.  I didn't want more of them on my tile floor.  As I watched this ant working alone I began to realize that even though it was alone at that moment, it was working for the colony.  It was either trying to find more food for the colony or it was trying to make its way back to the colony.  Either way, the colony was important.  What could one ant do alone without a purpose?  
"Finally, all of you should be in agreement, understanding each other, loving each other as family, being kind and humble."  1 Peter 3:8
Maybe ants have a better understanding of the Bible than I do...hmmm.

Comments

Popular Posts