Can God be Refreshed?

Does the idea that God can be refreshed sound like a far fetched idea?  I mean, the God of the universe who can do anything He wants is the same one who never sleeps or slumber (Psalm 121:4), right?  I was quite surprised to come across this verse in Exodus 31:17.
"It is a sign between Me and the sons of Israel forever; for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, but on the seventh day He ceased from labor and was refreshed."
Did creating the world take some of God's energy away?  Did creating cause Him fatigue?  How could one be fatigued when nothing is to difficult for Him (Jer. 32:17)?  I did take delight to learn that God rested on the seventh day and was 'refreshed', but I think that was more out of my sinful desire to be like God (thanks Adam :-) than anything else.  
So now that my vacation is winding down and I am refreshed, maybe I again have a glimmer of what God felt when He ceased from labor.  Maybe he felt relaxed, restored and energy replenished...or maybe God was simply trying to speak on our level.  Maybe He was trying to teach us how to care for ourselves by taking time to rest, so that we can be refreshed.  I think God loves us so much that He finds creative ways to communicate how we can best care for ourselves.
I have found out that one important way of caring for myself is to take time to rest and be refreshed.  Thanks God for teaching me important lessons on my level so I can understand. Thanks for showing me that you love me.
Do you have any thoughts about God taking a rest and being refreshed?

Comments

Popular Posts