Bon Appétit

I enjoy eating a good meal.  Recently I was sitting at a high top table across from my bride of 30 years and enjoying some fantastic Fish and Chips at a local Irish Pub, yum.  The Irish Pub reminds me of eating a great Shepherd's Pie at a Pub in London called, Sherlock Holmes.  I remember feasting on a Lebonese meal made of green beans, lamb and long grain rice that my Grandma used to make.  My moms meat loaf makes my mouth water.  Debbie and I have a fav restaurant in Long Beach, Ca. called Shendendoah's Cafe where we enjoy a Riverwalk Steak or Free Range Chicken and the apple fritters - OMG!  And then there is anything that my wife cooks, bakes or BBQ's.  She is an amazing 'chef'.  
Eating food is energizing, relaxing and the conversations that take place around food is most often as satisfying and fulfilling as the food itself.  Relationships are deepened over a good meal and life is encouraged to move forward.  Eating is certainly good for us.
Our souls also need to be filled and satisfied.  Our souls need to eat and there are some fantastic meals available for us in the Word of God.  This morning I was feasting on Psalm 8 and 34.  I can sense my soul wanting more even now.
"Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him."  Psalm 34:8
The Word of God invites us to sit down and feast at the table of true soul food.  If we will sit long enough to sample, to taste, we will discover that the Lord is good and our lives will be blessed.  There are so many amazing meals prepared for us in the Word.  Here are a few hor dourves from the Word of God.
I love the 'joy' that Philippians feeds to our souls.  The book of Ephesians is a wonderful letter about the church, her power, prestige in God's eyes and purpose.  The four Gospels are full of Jesus stories that will be sure to stir your soul and challenge your life.  There is wonderful poetry throughout the Old Testament but especially in the Psalms.  Reading the Psalms is like going to a huge smorgesbord.  There is such a variety of topics covered that you will surely find something to satisfy your hungry soul after spending some time there.  If courage is something you are craving for, take a look at 1 & 2 Samuel.  The list could go on and on and on.
Enjoy food for your body and your soul every day.  You'll grow strong bones and muscles that will provide you with health for your whole life.
Bon Appétit!

Comments

Popular Posts