On the Way

We left LAX at about midnight headed for Taiwan. I took two Benadryl before we took off and was asleep at lift off. I slept on and off for almost 9 hours! I couldn’t believe it. The stewardess’ kept wanting to push food at me but with my black out shades and all, I think they got the message. The 14.5 hour plane ride was a riddle of languages all around me. The announcements over the intercom were done in at least three or four languages and English was always last. I am writing these thoughts down in the Taiwan airport as we wait to re-board to fly our second leg to Kuala Lampur, Malaysia. The flights have been smooth. It seemed that we flew towards darkness. We left LAX at midnight and we didn’t see dawn until just before we landed – that was weird. Our second stop was Kuala Lampur, Malaysia. It is a fantastic airport, new and crisply clean. Here we have a 7 hour layover so the airlines gave us a hotel room to rest. We met a nice lady from Holland, New Zealand and now lives in Kuala Lampur. Once we arrived at the Concorde Hotel, we found our room which was modest and had very weird electrical outlets. If you look at the the photo page on valleylifechurch.org, you’ll see a picture of a card in a slot with a key on it. We had to put the card in the slot for the electricity to work. When you left the room, you took the card out and the electricity turned off. That means the A/C turns off too. It is 87 degrees and about 95 percent humidity. We had a wonderful buffet dinner consisting some local cuisine and Indian cuisine. We spent some time in our hotel rooms. We all showered, some slept (I mean snored) and others, (like me) stayed awake until we get to our beds in Mumbai (Bombay). We still have another 4.5 hour flight and then customs and then a taxi ride to the retreat center. I spent many hours putting together some devotions and teachings that I will be using this week. Tony and I discussed our strategy to help our Indian EID Team move forward. Please pray for us as we need much wisdom… Pray for… Wisdom Adjustment to the culture and time Boldness Humility for all. Until tomorrow…

Comments

  1. Anonymous2:00 PM

    What did you think of Taiwan and Malaysia?

    The languages are Mandarin maybe Cantonese and maybe Taiwanese.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts