Back Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting The hand off is complete - the above picture shows your Indian Nationals holding the baton after it was passed off to them by the EID/USA team. What a blessing it was to see them happiliy and proudly embrace the future together. After a rugged trip, it was good to be home, get some rest, be with family and friends and reflect on what I've learned. My next few posts may include more of the lessons learned but let me share with you what hit me the deepest. I do not belong in the same league spiritually as my brothers and sisters you see in the picture above. Their deep dependence and faith in the Lord should be legendary. I cannot tell you how many times I heard them comment (not bragging) that they had prayed and fasted 3 days, 7 days and 30 days at a time for the Lord to come through in some situation. Often they spoke of the honor to suffer for the Lord. They regularly choose obdedience to the Lord over comfort. They actually believe that the message of the cross is life to their land so they risk much to get the Word of God out to people who need it. Both of our staff have taken on this ministry knowing they would not have as good of an income as they could - but God was directing them to Evangelism In Depth. When I watch how they love God and their fellow man, it excites my heart. The verse that speaks to me since my return is found in Romans 12:3 "Do not think more highly of yourself than you ought." I know I do this too often - I will endeavor to do it less with the Spirit's help.

Comments

Popular Posts