Continuing to the Ukraine

I only have a few minutes before leaving for the conference center where I will teaching Organic Church Planting Principles. I left off last time in the Frankfurt airport. As we were being shuttled to the loading area to board the plane, I noticed that as we passed by the wing of the aircraft that there was jet fuel pouring out of the wing - not a good sign. After sitting in the bus with 50 people about 100 feet away from a very flammable situation - the fire department came and began to clean up. We were taken back to the terminal and about an hour later, we were allowed to board the plant once again. They assured us all was well, but you know that unfounded fears find their way into our minds. Anyway, I landed safely in Kiev, Ukraine. Passport control had long lines and about 45 minutes later, I was standing at the window where this young man asked me a series of questions and allowed me to pass. I found my very large suitcase full of warm clothes and headed out to a sea of people with placards everywhere. My name was not where to be found, but my host had met me last January and has a photographic mind. We took off for our place to stay. It took abotu 1.5 hours to travel about 15 miles or so. The traffic was worse that Los Angeles on a bad day. Amazing. Kiev has grown from 1 million people to 5 million people in the past 10 years. They are building 20 story condo's everywhere. The older condo units built under communism are so bleak, standard and blah and run down. I did not see much of the city, it gets dark about 4:30pm and sun up was at 6am. We ate some good food, good conversation and then off to bed. I actually got about 8-9 hours sleep and off I go. I will not be able to write until maybe Thursday night or not until I return. Thanks for praying for me.

Comments

Popular Posts