An Ambassador is to represent the one who sent him or her. It makes sense that an ambassador would know what the person who sent him/her thinks on subjects and what policies that person values. A good ambassador then, mirrors the person or country who sent them.
With that understood let's take a moment to discover if most people who claim to be Christ followers are good ambassadors of Jesus and heaven. Let's take a look at what were important to Jesus when he walked this earth and then you can decide if you area representing him well or if you need to make some adjustments. Ready?
Disclaimer: The following list is certainly not complete.
- Jesus struck up conversations with people who were really good at sinning in some foul ways like stealing money from people, adulterers, drunkards, swindlers all around not good folks Mark 2:15)
- Jesus surrounded himself with people from the lower level's of social and moral society (Matt. 4:19, Mark 2:14, )
- Jesus wasn't always happy with the religious types (Mark 3:5).
- When Jesus became popular, he often moved on to share the good news with others (Mark 1:35-39).
- Jesus went to places that were taboo to his peers (John 4).
- Jesus obeyed what he heard his Father tell him to do (John 4:34 & 12:49-50).
- At times Jesus allowed his life to be dictated by the needs of others (Luke 7:1-10 & Mark 5:1-20).
- Jesus was committed to spending time with his Father (Mark 1:35).
- Jesus enjoyed supplying the best drink at parties (John 2).
- Jesus told people the truth (Matt. 4:17).
So how are you at being an ambassador of Jesus and heaven on earth? I am sure hoping to adjust and improve!