A Harvest Report

If you have read my blogs for very long, you must know I am very interested in seeing people come into relationship with Jesus. It is my passion to help believers to understand that they are 100% successful, 100% of the time that they choose to share Jesus with people. In my opinion, the lack of a strong harvest in the West is due, in part, to a lack of seed sowing on the part of believers. We know the Scriptures teach us that in order to experience an abundant harvest, we must begin with abundant sowing (2 Cor. 9:6, Mark 4:1-20).
This past week, I have heard several stories of folks coming to Jesus. In Southern California, a church who has cobwebs in their baptismal (from a lack of use) is going to baptize 5 new believers this next week. That is because a few in that congregation has chosen to sow the seed of truth (Mark 4:14) into the lives of many. A house church leader recently met a friend through a mutual friend who wanted to talk about his failing marriage. Through a series of conversations (some at very inconvenient times), the man with the marriage problem repented, came to Christ and is now praying and preparing for his wife and children to come to Jesus. A large baptism is about to happen for those folks as well. I also heard a story by a friend who used to be a boy scout troop leader who reconnected with an old boy scout that was in his troop through Facebook. After some long conversations about life and the challenges the younger man had in his marriage, Jesus came into the conversation. During that conversation on the phone, the man received Jesus in his life. In a Facebook entry right after this event, the man wrote, "
"Today I asked for God to come into my life, surprisingly I feel that a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. I asked him to help with my families current situation, and some personal problems that I'm struggling with being away from my family and all. I can't explain how much better I feel."
I also heard from an Indian friend of mine who lives in New Delhi. He told me that while he was on vacation he and his family invited about 35 family members over for a meal, conversation and to talk about Jesus. At least one family of those who attended the get together were Hindu. After a good meal, conversation and a message from the Bible, seven people raised their hand indicating they wanted to receive Jesus as their savior. One of the Hindu women were included in this group of seven!
All of these stories are results of many people planting the seeds of truth into the lives of people in desperate need of Jesus. There must be an abundant sowing before we can enjoy an abundant harvest. So let me encourage you today to be casting many seeds of the Gospel of Jesus into the lives of people all around you. Ask Jesus to guide you in how and to whom He would have you share. Watch and see the growth of these seeds. They will grow, not because of you, but because of Jesus (1 Cor. 3:6).
Just a few minute ago, while I was ordering some lunch at a local hangout, a young waitress whom I have been praying for came up to me, tapped me on the shoulder and asked me, "How can I pray for you today." That is a question that I have been asking her. Soon, this young woman will be in the Kingdom of God...that is my prayer today.
Take courage because Jesus goes with us wherever we go! Get out there and cast some seeds!
If you have a HARVEST report, post a quick snippet of what is happening in your neck of God's world!

Comments

  1. Anonymous5:35 PM

    Yes young and old need to know the love of Christ and I just had the opt to share it with Antoino and he asked how he can be a "christian" best conversation I have ever had with him...loved it...niki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:11 AM

    It's awesome to see the Lord of the Harvest plucking souls from the jaws of death!

    May God raise up more workers to quicken His work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts