Attack!

"Though a mighty army surrounds me, my heart will not be afraid.  Even if I am attacked, I will remain confident."  Psalm 27:3


Attack is not a word that we often associate with our Christian faith but I think we should.  For the past several months, I have certainly felt attacked with my wife's cancer, my daughters medical issues, the economic impact of the recession in my life, the pressure of helping brothers work through relational issues in India and some of my own personal struggles right here in Phoenix, Arizona.  It certainly seems like "...a mighty army surrounds me" these days.  As I was touring my neighborhood one morning on my regular two mile power walk, I noticed people leaving for work, city workers attending to street repairs, a woman walking her dog and a young boy out way too early for a summer morning.  As I looked at these people I wondered if they were attacked in some way and if so, how could I pray for them.  I didn't stop any of them to ask, but I did pray for their protection.


There is a constant war in the spiritual dimension to distract and destroy you.  Sometimes it spills over into the human dimension and we get a glimpse of how grotesque the battle is.  If you look and listen, I think you'll hear some spiritual voices calling for an attack.  Some of those voices are that of the enemy who wants us to be destroyed and left dead or at least spiritually impotent.  But there is another voice as well.  It is the voice of our King who calls out to His angels, His ministering spirits and commands them to attack.  He calls them to attack those who are attacking us and when He does, you can be sure that their defeat and His victory is sure.  


So take heart in the heat of any battle that you may be facing.  Keep calling out to the Lord asking Him to send His attacking force of angels to come to your rescue and deliver you out of all your troubles.  Listen to what Psalm 3:7 has to say, "Arise, O Lord!  Rescue me, my God!  Slap all my enemies in the face!  Shatter the teeth of the wicked!"  May the Lord smash the mouth of His spiritual enemies who may be attacking you.  May the Lord Jesus rule and reign in your hearts and give you the confidence to move forward for His glory.

Comments

  1. Interesting how the adversary attacks. So often we do not recognize them as his attacks even when it is apparent. It could be the negativity, the lack of sensitivity, the cruel comments, and so much more. Being fully prepared for spiritual battle is a reality believers need to live daily in our present age. Thanks for the reminder. Rob

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts