You Are Worth It!

I wish I could draw and paint well enough to capture the expression on a ladies face that I had a conversation with last week.  Anything beyond drawing a stick person is a stretch for my creative abilities and there is no way I could capture this woman's expression but I really wish I could.  Maybe my words will give you some insight into what I saw.

The woman I'm referring to is an older woman with some mobility and health issues.  Carla (not her real name) has had a very hard life like so many others.  She has raised her kids and grandkids and finds herself still rescuing them from the challenges life brings their way.  I was attempting to encourage her because I know she is hurting.  I do not think that this dear woman is yet a follower of Jesus but I think she will be.  I was telling her how God saw her.  She had never thought about God even taking notice of her.  In her mind, she is not worth God's focused attention.  I shared briefly with her that she was created in the image of God and that she was a masterpiece, a one of a kind project that brought a smile to Jesus' face.  That was the moment I wish I could capture on canvass.

Her eyes turned downward as did the corners of her mouth.  Her shoulders hunched and you could just read her feeling that "I'm not worthy of such care".  If only I could capture her face on a canvass.  My reason for capturing her expression is because it is the face I see on so many when I speak to them about the goodness and grace of God which is at work all around them.  For way to many, they do not believe they are worthy or they simply do not want to believe that God would even bother with them.

Here are some verses that speak to the point that God is always about assisting us to become more and more like Him.  Every person (that includes you) is able to have a vibrant faith that is growing and spreading out to impact many.  Take a look at these short sections of the Bible and simply stop - stop, and meditate (think deeply for a period of time) upon them...

"...you previously heard in the word of truth, the gospel which has come to you, just as in all the world also it is constantly bearing fruit and increasing, even as it has been doing in you also since the day you heard of it and understood the grace of God in truth."  Colossians 1:5-6 (NASB)


"For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases Him."  Philippians 2:13 (NLT)   Here is Philippians 2:13 in the more recognized translation of the NASB, "...for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure."

After you have meditated upon these two sections of the Bible jot down what you sense is most important or that jumps out at you and your heart.  What is God speaking to your soul regarding these passages?  If you would, write your thoughts in the comment section below.  If many will do that, I think it will begin a revival of souls to see things truthfully, as God sees them.  Go ahead, jot down your thoughts and enjoy the work that God is doing in you...right now!

Next time, I'll give you some of my thoughts about these passages and the powerful truths that they reveal about God and about us.

Be encouraged because you are worth it!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts