Safe in Delhi

Well, we arrived safe in Delhi last night. It is now about 9am and breakfast is about to be served. I have only slept about 5 hours since getting up Monday morning. I am tired with lots of 'cobwebs' in my mind. Upon our arrival, customs was very easy and simple - a breeze. As soon as we landed, the 'scent' of life hit us. You knew you were in a different world. We met our friend, Matthew Ninan and drove to his home. We enjoyed some refreshements - a great Tomatoe soup - some conversation and then we went to bed about midnight. It took me about 2 hours to fall asleep and then I woke up at 6am. A knock came on my door and it was one of Matthew's sons. He wanted to know if I had brought him 'gifts'. Of course I had and we enjoyed talking...went to the kitchen and had some great Indian coffee (coffee with lots of cream and sugar). I then took a shower and a walk with Matthew's sons to see their school and a corner store. Jeffery just walked in the door. Jeff is one of our EID India directors. I just returned from breakfast. We had some sweet oatmeal, some thin pancakes but no syrup. Instead, Indian's use more spicy sauces for their pancakes. We also had also had toast which is two pieces of bread stuffed with a spicy potato stuffing. It was all very good and tasty. We will spend today getting acclimated, resting, talking and praying together. This evening, we are meeting with a Pastor from a large family of churches. He has been inviting EID to teach at his churches. On a personal note, I just received an e-mail from Debbie. She told me that our middle daughter, Rachel (who is handicapped) that she has a case of shingles. Please pray for God's healing and mercy. If the Lord chooses not to heal her, then may the Lord grant her mercy with the pain. Shingles can be very painful. Rachel typically has a high thresh hold of pain, but better if there is no pain. Thanks for praying for this. I sense that it is another way of an attack by the enemy. Both Jeffery and Matthew have been sick the past two days - another attack??? Please pray much. This is a very historic trip. Handing off the ministry to these men is rarely done here in India by western ministries. I told Jeff and Matthew that we are not their bosses - we are equals. He had a look as if he actually did not believe me. I said, what will it take for me to convince you that we are equals. He said that these days together will show him that we are serious. So pray that we are wise in how this hand off takes place. I love these men and their families. I want to honor them and Jesus our Lord. Blessings, Ed

Comments

  1. Ed and EID team!

    I am very happy to know you made it to Delhi safely. How was the flight? Delays? Onboard food?

    Are the rookies enyoying India?
    :-) Have they taken their first ride in a rickshaw?

    Please let Matthew and Jeffery know that I think about them and the time spent in India all the time and hope one day to see them again (here or there).

    Also...please let them know that I am committed to praying for the country of India and the souls within.

    Ed...we are thinking of you and please get the names of the food you are having and maybe any recipes that go with that food. This is an important request!

    Love you all!

    Robert

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts